Eating a healthy balanced diet can help you to maintain a healthy weight. Simple changes can have a positive impact on living a healthier life.
The Eatwell Guide
This guide shows how much of what you eat overall should come from each food group to achieve a healthy, balanced diet.
You do not need to achieve this balance with every meal, but you should try to get the balance right over a day or even a week.
If you’re interested in finding out more, you can visit the NHS website for further information.
Struggling to find healthy recipes or just need some inspiration?
- Better Health Families is a great source for family friendly recipes
- Cooking on a Bootstrap has a range of low cost recipes for cooking on a budget
- BBC website has a wide range of recipes that cater to a variety of dietary requirements
- Love Food Hate Waste website provides recipes for utilising leftover foods
- British Heart Foundation has a variety of recipe that you can filter by dietary requirements
NHS Weight Loss App
Download the free NHS Weight Loss Plan to help you start healthier eating habits, be more active, and start losing weight.
NHS Food Scanner App
With a speedy scan of your family's favourite foods, you can find healthier swaps for next time you shop.
One You East Sussex
If you’re concerned about your weight and would like some support, One You East Sussex has a range of services available.